In petrochemical operations, there are a number of gas streams that could have the presence of impurities that are removed with various techniques including; scrubbing, purifying and stripping operations. Often customers want to take samples and periodically test these operations for effectiveness and efficiency. In refineries, for example, H2S is present in many gas streams because of the need to remove sulfur from crude oil. Refiners take numerous gas samples and sometimes need the ability to use detector tubes from companies like Draeger®, Sensidyne® and GASTEC® to spot test for the presence of trace gases.
The Detector Tube Sampling System (DTSS) provides a safe and reliable means to not only collect the gas sample for transport to the lab, but also allows for isolating the gas at atmospheric pressure to safely take detector tube spot samples in the field
The Detector Tube Sampling System (DTSS) provides a safe and reliable means to not only collect the gas sample for transport to the lab, but also allows for isolating the gas at atmospheric pressure to safely take detector tube spot samples in the field.
- Proven design is safe and reliable
- Can be used for any gas stream where impurities are present and spot testing of their presence is required
- Accommodates standard Draeger®, Sensidyne® and GASTEC® detection tube at detection port on sample station
- Plate-mounted shelf accommodates pump while operator draws the sample through the detection tube
- No need to retrieve or transport delicate Tedlar bags for sample analysis
- No risk of losing sample while transporting to the lab, since the sample is analyzed in the field, which allows faster feedback to operations for process corrections
- Higher pressures can be safely lowered before sampling occurs regardless of process pressure
- Lab samples can be retrieved at the same time as spot testing to verify spot tests for accuracy
- Includes an additional safety measure in a pressure relief valve on the detector loop in the event pressure reduction fails
- Standard materials of construction are 316SS, PTFE/PFA and Viton® with options for Monel®, Hastelloy® C276 and Kalrez® o-rings
Please reach out to us to discuss your specific application and the optimal FMD Prover for your application
Standard Design Specifications
Max Pressure - 1800 PSIG
Max Temperature - 350ºF
(higher pressure and temperature ratings available)
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!